Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search the site for a W-10 resolve to this but couldn't find one. I have posted on this problem in the past but am finding added explanations of the critical errors. For some reason, at least 3-4 times a week and sometimes everyday, my PC reboots automatically and of course, when I'm not around to see what leads to it. I am running W-10 (updated to latest) on a Dell Inspiron 3847. When it does the auto-reboot, the Event Viewer shows numerous entries of,

Log Name: System
Source: Kernel-Power Logged: 1/11/2021 12:47:11 PM
Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical Keywords : (70368744177664),(2)
User: System Computer: Tims-Computer
OpCode: Info

There are a total of 35 entries of this issue dating back to 11/11/2020. Everything else is running fine. When it reboots, it is on my Desktop. When I open Firefox, It opens all the TABS I had open prior to the auto-reboot. Would like to fix this issue in case it is leading to something bigger. Ideas???
~Tim~

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,729 Posts
Your 300W power supply might be the problem. Don't do this if it makes you uncomfortable: PSU Test

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 300W power supply might be the problem. Don't do this if it makes you uncomfortable: PSU Test
Thanks Corday. Not sure if I'm comfortable doing this as you mentioned. The PC is a few years old so if it comes to a hardware issue like this, may just buy a new one. I'm going to wait to see if there are any other thoughts about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts