Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently bought a new computer which set me back a bit. It is still covered by warranty so if I can't fix it im still safe. My computer will randomly restart after about 1hr - 2hrs. I Have checked my error logs and I get 2 errors that are consistant. I have googled for help but I can't find the exact errors anywhere. I don't think its overheating either because... My case has 8 fans:). Please help.
Errors are as follow.
Error 1

Source: System Error
Catergory: (102)
Type: Error Event ID: 1003

Description:
Error code 000000fe, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 865e70e0, parameter3 10de036c, parameter4 852b38d0.

Error 2

Source: System Error
Catergory: (102)
Type: Error Event ID: 1003

Description:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 ae078c20, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 806e9b9a, parameter4 00000000.

If you need any more information just ask, I can attach screen shots if you need.

Please Help,
David.

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Hi David, and Welcome to TSF! :wave:

This is a direct quote from the MSDN Error Bug Check....

A hardware failure has occurred due to a bad physical address found in a hardware data structure. This is not due to a driver bug.
This now leads to a few questions as to why this is occurring.....

1. Is this computer a Branded package, such as Hp™ or Dell™?

2. Was this computer assembled by you or someone else?

The answers to these two questions will have a bearing on the way that we can assist you with this issue.

3. Could you please give us more information about the configuration of these "8 Fans" that are installed?

While you are checking this out, please go to the link, "Everest™Home Edition", in my signature; read the instructions and download the program. [It's Free.]
Once installed, go to the "Computer Section" under 'Sensor' and post back the temperature details here [a screenshot would be great], after the computer has been operating for, say, ½ hour.
Also could you please give us information regarding the PSU that is in this machine.

Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Is this computer a Branded package, such as Hp™ or Dell™?
No, this computer was custom built for me.

2. Was this computer assembled by you or someone else?
It was assembled by a local computer shop (know them well).

3. Could you please give us more information about the configuration of these "8 Fans" that are installed?
I'm not sure how they are set up but, there are 4x8cm fans on the top, 1x12cm fan on the bacl (L.E.D), 1x12cm fan on the side (L.E.D) & 2x12cm fans on the front.

I also play alot of games, Mainly Warcraft 3, World Of Warcraft & Counter Strike: Source. It mainly seems to crash while playing Counter Strike: Source, not so much Warcraft 3. But the thing is if I restart before I play it will work for a good solid 1hr - 2/3hrs, but after that it crashes. I think its a RAM problem.
My Specs are as follow:

CPU: AM2 Athlon 64 x 2 4600 2.4 GHZ (65W)
Mobo: Gigabyte (sAM2) M59 SLI-S5 DDRII/SATAII
Graphics Card: Leadtek PX7950GT TDH 256M-SLI 2DVI PCI-E
RAM: Geil 1GB DDR2 6400 800Mhz 2x512 Kit RAM
PSU: ThermalTake TOUGH POWER 600W
DVD: Pioneer DVR-111 16x DVD Burner

Hope that helps,
David.

·
11,900 Posts
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

Presumably, the 4x8cm fans on the top are blowing upwards;
1x12cm fan on the back (L.E.D), is acting as an exhaust ;
1x12cm fan on the side (L.E.D) is also an exhaust; & the 2x12cm fans on the front are blowing air into the case...you can easily check this by just placing your hand near the vents on the case.
If this configuration is not as I have described; thne, you'll have to take it back to get them to fix the air flow for starters.

I'll wait for your Temp info.

:4-cheers:

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Best advice...under warranty and you know them...take it back and have them make it right. I just would not be changing much if it is under warranty and a nearby dealer.

·
11,900 Posts
Please downlaod SensorsViewPro™ from my signature and post the Temps from there, as these are not true readings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Error in upper memory? I would run MemTest86 for four hours. Or run with half modules out, then exchange if the problem recurs.
Have also seen the problem with video cards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the results of my SensorsVeiw

Before I take it back I am going to try installing all the new drivers for my hardware. Also I rang my local computer shop and they said when I take it to them they will perform a "Memtest" and see if it is the RAM playing up. It's not a virus because I have scanned tonnes of times. I hope this will fix my computer.

Thanks for all the help,
David.

·
11,900 Posts
Error in upper memory? I would run MemTest86 for four hours. Or run with half modules out, then exchange if the problem recurs.

Hi David,

"Dry Crick" has given you some very sound advice here in his post.

You can download Memtest86 yourself from this site.

Once you have run Memtest, I would not recommend doing anymore "fiddling" with the machine, just take it back to the computer shop and get them to fix it under warranty.

By the way those temperatures shown in SensorsViewPro™ would be the envy of many computer owners, as they are ideal! :grin:

Having said that, it looks as though the PSU +12v Rail is not very good at all, and needs attention at the shop too!

Post back with the results after you have had the computer in the shop.

Have a Happy Christmas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.