Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bloody Computer......

I've got a similar problem, my computer reboots only when running processor intensive applications and ON THE INTERNET. I even managed to check to be sure that it wasn't my ISP that is doing this (and it isn't, I had the same problem after I switched ISPs). :upset: I'm at a loss as to what is making it do this, like the above, windows keeps telling me that it is a driver problem. I even went so far (silly me) as to pay attention and try to track the error down to the specific driver. This failing, I reinstalled windows with a fresh format on the HDD (no big loss as I just finished building my comp). After it woke back up and detected the modem drivers automaticaly and before I installed any software I gave it a chance, SAME BLOODY PROBLEM!!
Suffice to say I'm at a loss, I'll give you folks an updtate when I'm not a work, say in 12 hrs or so when I get home and can take a closer look in the event viewer. I'll also post the modem logs from when the system crash occours, I/O errors start up just before it crashes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stupid Error

Alright, here's the error message it logs in event viewer EVERY CRASH

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 9/14/2003
Time: 8:00:09 PM
User: N/A
Computer: somecomputer
Description:
The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

***?!?

Any ideas folks?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.