Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i restart or start up my computer there is now this pop-up that says c:\WINDOWS\system32\WINCTR~1.EXE, I have never had this come up before, and I tried a system restore, but it doesn't work. These show up about every 30 minutes, and if i leave my computer alone, they build up and freeze my computer. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You either have spyware or a virus on your system. You can go to Start, Run, and type MSCONFIG, then go to the Startup tab to see if it is listed in there. If it is, then remove it.

You should probably go over to the HijackThis Log Help Forum to get advice from the analysts there on how to disinfect your PC.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

I believe you are the victim of either a trojan or spyware / you can go to this forum's security console / they are trained to answer and assist indepthly about such issues / pay particular attention and enter the HIJACK this section

if by some chance I am wrong and its a hardware or software problem / thna by all means let us know and we will start digging for solutions >>>> but my gut is telling me trojan :( time to see the doctor

here is where to go and explain your problem
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

regards

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.