Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been experiencing random lag spikes for the past few months now. At first it only started with high demanding games then little demanding games were having the same problems and now the bubbles as my screen saver is having random lag spikes. With games this occurs for 5 mins then it goes off for 5-10 mins then it resumes once again to another 5 min lag spike. I tried looking for processes that are turned on during the lag spikes but i haven't noticed anything yet. I really need help for this ! I cannot play any games with this. And i would like to thank the people who try to help me.

example: When i play this game called roblox i will be looking at the cpu usage and the networking usage. When the lag spike occurs i notice that the roblox usage of the cpu will go down and not higher. I also notice (sometimes during the random lag spikes) that the networking will go up really REALLY high. I used the resource monitor to notice all of this.

Please help me ...

·
Registered
962 Posts
I use game booster 1.6, it shuts down programs that run in the background while gaming..
Download - IObit (scroll down to 1.6)
theres a newer version out, but I don't think it's as good, everytime you turn it on, it will ask you if you want the new version, i click no..
the 1st time you use it click the "configure" link...check all and "remember", give it a try it's free and may help...

good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope gamebooster did not work but thanks for the program i might use it once i can get my computer to stop lagging. Should i format my computer?

·
Registered
962 Posts
before a reformat, try setting another admin account, don't add anything except roblox,see if spikes continue..
is roblox a downloaded game or web based?..

good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a downloaded game but there's this gaming thing that's called unity and it let's you play web based games that have fairly good graphics and unity was having the same lagging problem. And to be honest I kinda want to reformat my computer because I have too much stuff on it that I didn't even know that I had. I'm going to reformat my computer but i'm going to ask my friend how to t'ill then i'll tell you if it worked. And thanks for your help so far kenny i appreciate it :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
no problem, I use the unity player for TWO (tiger woods online) and it's a big problem over there..

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.