Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer is about 2.5 years old, and in the last month i've been experiencing random freezes. No BSOD's or anything, just frozen motion, resulting in a reboot. I'm running an Athlon tbird 1.33 ghz at a cool 29 degrees with windows xp. I have no idea what is causing the random lockups. I even tried formatting the hdd and clean installing xp, and I still experience the same problem. I'm assuming this is a power supply issue, but does anyone else have any suggestions? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums zcmack.....:D

If you know what kind of hard drive you have go to the manufacturers web page. Then download their utility for checking the status of the hard drive and see if it comes up as being OK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked it with western digitals datalifeguard, the program says the drive is fine.

any other possibilities?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If this only just started, and you've set everything back to the way it was when you got the machine, then I'd start suspecting hardware components. Try upping your powersupply, they can be the sourse of all sorts of madness, if you need some links for decent ones email me here.

Check everything you can before you start replacing parts (although I must admit that sticking new bits into my computer is my favored method of fixing it). Give us a rundown on what you've been able to find out about the problem, if it is randomly locking up it could be any number of things. My personal favorite is "FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA"
Stupid Microsoft.......

:dead:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not the power supply, i already bought a new one (350 watt) hooked it up and still had the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.