Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my computer has been randomly freezing lately. not sure what the problem is. i've checked out of 'hijackthis log' help, no spyware, virus, or malware. when it's left alone for a couple hours or overnight, 2 or 3 times a week it will freeze up and i'll have to manually restart it. tonight it even froze while i was watching a movie. i have xp pro with sp2, and 2.2ghz 64 x2 if thats of any help. i'm not sure where or how to go about starting to solve this problem, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i honestly can't remember, it started doing this a couple months ago but has only started to worsen over the past couple weeks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
what kind of a freeze is it? is the hard drive light on when it freezes? if its on, its software, if the hd light isnt on, its hardware.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where is the hard drive light? i couldn't tell you now, but i will know by morning because it will probably freeze again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i checked it this morning, and it had infact frozen over night sometime. the hard drive light was not on, so where should i go from here now. i did buy and piece the computer together back in september, is there a chance i made a mistake putting it together? or is something about to go bad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.