Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a linksys BEFSR41 and i set up every computer with a static ip in my house. im not new to doing this stuff so i dont think my problem is something simple. i get randomly dropped from the internet and it comes right back on. this is annoying as i play many games and always have to reconnect. i made sure all the ips are different and had to set them all static because the router was giving all the computers the same ip and there was network conflict. so what would cause the random disconnects or is it just a crappy router.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
This happens for all computers?

Router Troubleshooting

Update all network drivers
Reset the router to factory defaults
If you are using a wireless router,try changing the channel
Update the router firmware

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
this happenes for all computers and iv tried all u said many times...i just got disconnected like 4 times in the last hour and earlier i got disconnected 3 times in less then 10 min...if i try to start any kind of p2p download i get disconnected almost immediately...i am using a wired router but i have an access i plug in when ppl bring over their laptops and iv given all my friends static ips for when they come over...this is driving me nuts

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,035 Posts
Connect directly to the modem with one of the computers and run the following test.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.