Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have WD hardisk which is having the same issue, If i am connecting 2 different HD in single system only WD HDD is not detecting, if connecting different seagate or any other brand it is working together. If I want to use WD HDD, I want to disconnect all other IDE Drives. I don't know why it is happening.

@baburaj - please start a new thread for your issue so we can provide individual support - check the jumper settings on the WD drive drives.

It's possible the drive is failing. I'd test it in another PC if possible. It's possible the drive tests could be passing as the drive is fully functional when it is working. You could also test another HDD in that PC using the same cables.

As for the controller, I was referring to the controller on the motherboard. If that is the problem, you could simply get an addon card. But if that is the problem, I'd personally just replace the whole motherboard.

I've had an addon controller fail in the past which lead me to believe I had numerous HDD issues, including corrupt data and apparent failing drives.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.