Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i have recently
bought a Targa Ultra AN64 3700+, all the games I have tried to play will work perfectly running smoothly with really good graphics, but then suddenly, 10-15 mins into playing it the games freeze the sound is still playing for a few seconds afterwards. Then the computer just restarts itself. I have installed all the drivers, including the graphics, processor ones also making sure i had the latest windows updates and done all the virus scans. I have got the directx 9.0c installed also. I have looked on the game websites to see if there are any reported troubles with them, but i have not seen or heard anything of it. I have tried all the different qualities of graphics from lowest to highest in the game options, all still ending up with the same effect. Any advice you could give me would be most
grateful, as i would really get to playing without the stupid interruptions of the crashes! Thank you!

Spec of machine:
AMD Athlon64™ 3700+, Socket 939- 2.21Ghz
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9-SI, nForce4 Chipset PCI Express
1024mb ram
Gigabyte nVidia® Geforce 6600 GT - 128mb

·
Registered
572 Posts
What power supply do you have?

1. Completely dust out your computer.
2. Run these games long enough to where they would usually restart, but do this with a desk fan blowing into your open computer case.

Crashing after a short period of heightened use often points to cooling/power issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.