Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fist off I am gonna go right out there and say I know little to nothing about computers, except how to pwn at games on them. I built mine via ibuypower.com custom configurator. I got: the new i7 pentium, nVidia gtx 275, 6gb corsair dominator ram, 1tb hdd, msi x58 motherboard, coolermaster v8 cooling system, 800w psu. I turn the system on, validate the new windows 7, and bam! It just turns off. I turn it back on and before I can even put in my password it turns off again. This now happens randomly at intervals of 1 to 40 minutes, also sparratically it says "warning! Overclocking failed" on the boot screen. Please help so I can get to pwning again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jump Clear the bios ( or just unplug the computer and remove the CMOS batt), then set the bios to "factory default". Save and Exit. This fixes like 90 percent of boot up problems.

P.S.- Just in case you really do know nothing about computers, BIOS is accessed by pressing either F1 or Del during POST (the black screen with white letters on boot up)

Look in the Motherboard manual to find where the Bios Clear jumper is (it will look like 3 pins with two of them covered by a plastic cap) and jump it by moving the plastic and metal piece from the first two to the second two pins and back. IF you cant find it, you can always unplug the computer and pop out the round lithium battery (CMOS batt). MAKE SURE YOU ARE GROUNDED! i do this by taking off any clothes that build up static (gym shorts, hoodies etc), taking footware and socks off, and then touching the METAL of the INSIDE case with one hand and removing/jumping with the other hand. If you make a spark, you could fry somthing.

In BIOS, once you have reset it, In the exit menu there is normaly an option that says "load factory defaults"; i use that to reset, but you may have to set the system clock and boot priority first.

If you do it right, it will normaly stop boot problems. If not, remove your RAM with the power off and keep them out on a clean desk for a half hour, then plug them back in. Make sure you are following the Instructions for the ram configuration, as some motherboards are really picky about the configuration of ram.

Hope this helps, get back to pwning :grin:

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Brand & Model of the 800W PSU and graphics card?
Most online builders use low quality hardware. The PSU is generally low to very low quality.
Have you attempted to OC? It is is still under warranty I would certainly contact the retailer and make them aware the problem(s).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.