Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I've been having major issues with my computer. It worked fine, nothing was on my computer that i could tell, but a few days ago, I came home from work and saw that my monitor was off and giving me the self test, indicating it was recieving no data from my video card. The hard drive activity light was solid, so I had to do a hard restart, and it came back up fine.

worked fine all night and through that morning.

I came home from work that afternoon, same thing.

again, hard reboot seemed to solve it.

Today it did it in the middle of the day (i'm off from work) while i was browsing with seemingly no alert as to why. One second i'm scrolling down a webpage, the next my monitor turns off, but my CPU is still going with that darn solid light. Hard reboot again. Can't seem to complete startup and get past the motherboard info. Once more...gets past IDE drives...stops again.

Once more finally it gets back to my windows and i'm able to function normally. 5 minutes later, IT DOES IT AGAIN. Now it's continually doing it, not even within a minute of the final load onto the desktop.

I called a friend of mine to see what I could do. He told me to reseat my RAM. So I did. the blue stick looking things next to my processor. Plug comp back in. press power button......gets stuck. again.

Once more...Siezes up on windows loading bar. I'm letting it sit off and unplugged for an hour, but at this point, I'm looking into buying a new power supply or something. This is ridiculous.

I'll post my specs as soon as I can get a hold of them..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Motherboard: foxconn 9/26/2005-SiS-760-6A717FK9C-00 ...i guess

Video card: Chaintech Volari v3

Powersupply came with my case...

RAM: 2 GEIL 512mb pc3200 sticks (the blue ones...?) GE1GB3200BDC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.