Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm finally at a loss that's why I'm here :p

I recently a couple of weeks ago bought new hardware and built a new machine, it ran fine for maybe a week before I started getting random BSOD errors. They did start happening after I purchased and installed a new hard drive, replacing the old temp one that was in it. I reinstalled Windows on that new drive but it blue screened during install on about 3 attempts then worked on the 4th or 5th. The Blue screens on install were always ntfs.sys.

I guess you could argue that my problem is obvious then and granted I haven't tried another drive yet. However it didn't blue screen for a week once Windows did install and now it's cropped up again. I get various BSOD errors from Memory Management to IRQ less or not equal, stop errors 0x0000000A/7A and a couple of others.

I'm not sure how to upload memory dumps and the dump I have is a collection of all the BSOD's so far in one file which is how Windows has been dumping it, it's 650MB so not viable to upload, so I've put it in a text file.

I have ran WD's diagnostic software on the drive twice with no issues, have swapped out memory for new memory and ran memtest on both with no errors, windows mem diagnostic too. Tried different slots on the board with memory etc.

I'm currently running the latest drivers for everything to the best of my knowledge, have done all Windows Updates that have come available except for hardware related ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it probably is just the drive but I don't know, seems to work fine for awhile (few days/week) then the fun starts.

Specs are:

I5 2500k @3.3Ghz not overclocked because I bought an H67 board by accident :p
Mobo: Asus P8H67-M PRO
8 Gig of DDR3 memory
Asus GTX 570 Graphics Card.
WD Blue Caviar 500GB Sata drive
Coolermaster 750W PSU
Windows 7 Professional

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, I tried the Asus variant of that Sata check which said all ports are fine and unaffected. I was aware of this issue but my board is a revision 3 board which as far as I'm aware is unaffected.

Since my first post I have removed to first two memory modules I bought originally with the CPU and motherboard. Initially I thought it was bad RAM so I bought another two last week. I just have those two now in the other two DIMM slots and haven't had any issues yet.

If I do, I'll be back :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.