Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Win. 98, does anyone know how to get more RAM so i can installe something. I know i have enough memery to install it and still havew enough to run it.:confused:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I have no idea what you're actually asking, could you be a bit more specific? Specifications of your machine would help, as well as EXACTLY what application you're installing and why it fails.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Devote 512MB of virtual memory on your disk. No more, or it will never work (I found that the hard way). More real RAM is always a good thing as long as you stay below 512MB. Now that I read this again, are you talking about RAM or disk? To get more disk, you simply add another. Get one and we'll guide you through setting it up.:D

·
Oh! What shall I be?
2,741 Posts
I want to get more RAM so i can run a program
I have my computer set so that it manges the amount, but its only around 30.
I did change the virtual memory to 100 for both drives and i made sure i had enough memory.
But it did not work, the amount of RAM stayed the same, as if the computer was manging it.

(By the way this is Snoopdogie1877)

·
Registered
529 Posts
It appears you're talking about RAM and virtual memory. To install software, it don't take RAM (other than to run the install program), but it DOES take disk space to hold the files. If that's a bit tight, it'll never fit. The only way to make it work is to then whack your junk that you don't use any longer.

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Do you know how much memory you have already? You can check that under device manager. To add more ram you usually have to install a physical chip into the computer. Depending on your motherboard will depend on the memory that would fit in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try the installation again, but this time write down or (copy) exactly what the installer says is deficient. Every word. Then type or paste it into a reply to this thread.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here's another idea. Go WWW.NETZERO.COM and try that ISP. I hear of a lot of problems with AO-Hell. Fortunately, NetZero's always been fairly trouble free. (don't mind if I advertise, do you? I'm not getting paid for this.:rolleyes: ). Also, for the complete package, you may want Netscape, especially since I hate using IE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.