Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have spent hours seaeching for the answer to this but no good.

I have tried to upgrade my RAM from 2gb to 8 gb but when I do this the computer doesnt seem to boot I can hear the hard drive running but no beeping and the monitor stays off. Even just tried go up to 4gb instead but still to no avail.

Now for the technical info of my system.

N68c-GS motherboard with AMD Athlon AM2 7550 processor(64bit)

I normally have a geforce HD5570 1gb graphics card attached but removed it when trying to get the RAM to work.

As far as I can tell my PSU is 450watts its a storm LPK9-25
link to my speccy info.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/GdZ7Ow0rOlO7Kt0N1HXJsJ4

The motherboard has the capability of running either ddr2 or ddr3 current working 2gb ram is ddr2 the new ram is 8gb (2x4gb) ddr3
New ram specs are ddr3 dimm 1333mhz 1.5v non-ECC un-buffered
According to the motherboard manual it will run this RAM even double checked on the crucial website for compatability tho the actaul RAM I brought was from a Guernsey based Ebay shop.

Do I just have to get a new PSU or is there something else I can do.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Your PSU is certainly underpowered for the 5570 but it s"should"boot the PC with Onboard Graphics.

DDR3 memory is only supported by installing AM3 cpu on the ASRock N68C-GS UCC Mobo.
ASRock > Products > N68C-GS UCC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I need to get an AM3 cpu then the RAm will work, sounds easy enough. I read the motherboard manual and just double checked and nothing in there about that, should have checked the website, thanks.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
You're welcome and best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just upgraded my RAM. I was previously using CORSAIR DDR2 at 800 MHz, i am now using CORSAIR DDR3 at 1600MHz using two sticks of 4Gb. when i look at dxdiag it says i have 3070Mb or RAM?
I looked for the supported speed for my motherboard and it says "Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules" is this the reason for it not displaying the right amount or RAM?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
If you're using a 32Bit OS it can only see up to about 3.75GB and 3.25 to 3.50 is more common. You can check the Bios to see if it recognizes the 4GB.
1600 MHz RAM will require OC'ing to reach it's rated speed. Reading the Mobo manual before purchasing the RAM would have been beneficial.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.