Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
1,058 Posts
I'm too lazy to check it out for you, but you really should...

go to the ASUS website, and download the QVL list of approved ram for that MoBo, and only buy ram that is on said list...a lot of ppl have NOT done this and have had problems...this board, and ASUS boards in general, are rather finicky about what ram gets put in them...FYI I am using Kingston KVR400x from the list and it runs fine

· TSF Team Emeritus
5,642 Posts
i'm not trying to be rude.....

but we answered you.

3 people told you that you shouldn't buy it.

you do not want to buy 333 ram, because your machine requires 400 ram to run appropriately.

whatever you end up buying, i hope you are satisfied with it.

remember, ram will almost always run at a slower speed than it was made for, but ram rarely runs faster than it was made to.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Tran_McGrady
As all the others have stated, you would be better off with the PC3200 stuff instead of trying to match your original 512MB-PC2700. No-one mentioned this, but 2X512 sticks of PC3200 RAM in dual channel mode will run faster and better than 3X512 PC2700-non-dual-channel-mode.
You are spending good money on (IMHO) THE premium 875-chip board, it deserves to have the faster RAM. Otherwise, save your money and get a cheaper board.

· Registered
2 Posts
are asus boards (p5gdc deluxe) really that picky when it comes to ram? i know i'm holding my pc back but right now i can't afford to spring for new ram which is why i want to use my crucial pc2700. its not in the "suggested" list. what are the chances that is the problem.

can't get any vid. with my pci-e card or an old 4meg vid card.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.