Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it only states on the specs that a certain motherboard supports pc100/pc130 sdrams, would that motherboard be able to support pc150 sdram as well? Or would there be a conflict?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Moron! (I have wanted to say that so many times...)

I have never worked with PC150, however if it follows suit it will work. AGAINST WARNINGS I have tried pc133 all the way back to 66 and 100 in 66- never had a problem. There are two sticks of 133 about 6 feet to my back running at 66 and has been for 2+ months with no problems.

Let the debate begin, JAMMAN says use it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
JAMMAN: The only thing you said that I disagree with is using your name in third person, other than that... right now I have PC150 running at 133, just because it has the best CAS latency I could find. ( damn finicky Athlons...LOL) So Valiant2003 says use it! (okay I'm a hypocrite too...:D)

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,284 Posts
I agree with both JAMMAN and Valiant - USUALLY faster memory will downshift and run at a slower bus speed. Some boards and memory types can be finicky and refuse to do so, however. Personally, I have PC133 memory running at 100 in a Shuttle mobo.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Agree

There should be no problem droping the speed down, I have 2 computers using 133 chips in a motherboard designed for 100 they have no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.