Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought 2 1GB DDR2 twin 2x corsair memory, I had 2 512 memory sticks so I filled all my slots with the 2 512 and the 2 1 gigs making 3 gigs, I went to my computer and saw that it said I had 3 gigs, but when i look on other programs like RAM monitoring programs it says I have total 2 gigs and I have tried this on 2-3 programs, is there something im missing, im pretty sure I installed them correctly but I don't think that 3 gigs are running, i think it is just 2. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I would suggest you fill only three slots and see if it recognises 2 1/2 gb. If it does it's telling you it will only allow 3 gb in three slots. have you checked the manual?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
If Windows recognizes 3GB in the System Properties box then you are all set. No single program will take up 1GB of RAM and some programs might not be able to address more than 2GB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may have figured it out. The programs would always say I had a full 2 gigs available even when running games, so what I am suspecting is that the programs dont detect over 2 gigs, or at least thats what I am hoping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.