Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PC, powered by Windows XP, is crashing anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 hours after I install new RAM into one of the DDR slots. Now, is there any chance that the slot itself is messed up or did I just happen to get 2 faulty sticks of RAM? They are AZENRAM and I have Kingston RAM already installed. The RAM that I had been using for the past year was moved to a different slot before I added this new stick. Any ways I can check this issue? Or any suggestions?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
The easy way to debug this is to first run with the known good RAM, then swap it for the suspect RAM. Leave all the other modules out. If the suspect RAM has issues, and the known good RAM doesn't, it's the RAM module. If you use the same slot for the tests, you also eliminate a bad socket as an issue.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Rule of thumb for troubleshooting computer/IT issues: do one thing at a time and test.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TEST MEMory ONe by one

i suggest u go online and download some kind of memory tester software such as "DOCMEM"

and boot using the disk produced by DOCMEM, take from there.

remember to test one by one, and then combination of 2 and so on. some time it is compatability issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.