Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi agian :(

well the next problem has arisen.. i put the xp cd in like u siad and at the start up i press F8 and choose my dvd rom drive to boot.. ok up to now.. then it says something about press f6 to install a third partie raid? or sumthing, ive tried going on this option and leaving it but i eventually get to a point where it says please incert one of the following xp cd full version or xp pro cd or window 98 d blah blah ... i have windows xp full version i put it in and it keeps bringing me back to this sceen IT WONT READ TO CD why???
help me plz ohh wise bringers of knowledge....plz i am noob can u make step by step instructions?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

First of all please give us a little brief history of what you arer trying to do ????

is this a new computer

has it ever had an operating system (OS) on it before ????

do you need to install drivers for sata controller ?????? thats the reason behind the F6 prompt ????

are you installing a new drive or what has prompted you to install windows to begin with ????

please list your full system specs and hard drive maker & size

regards

joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i have just bought a new computer, without a hard drive or a cd rom dive and it has no prevoius os... i have a samsung hard drive for it, and a toshiba dvd rom drive, also i have bough windows xp cd for it...i want to get it working..first i need to install the os.. i think :p

i hook up all the things to way u siad on my other post.. and it recognises it all.. however i get stuck on that sceen where it doesnt detect my xp cd.. (i use cd rom to boot comp useing the xp cd in it) is it becuase i have a fualty cd or do i have to install drivers for my cd rom drive or hard drive before installing an os..?...

also do i have to formate the hard drive before it can install windows on it? can i do this through another computer? (turn it into a nfts hard drive)..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.