Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get my computer to recognize my USB peripherals i reset the bios settings. sadly it also wiped my raid settings. the config file still exists, and my old stripe shows up in the raid config menu. however, i'm having a hell of a time messing with my bios to get my stripe recognized again.... am i boned? do i have to reinstall and start from scratch?

i have 3 hard drives, a WD 320g sata with Ubuntu, two 320g seagates form my raid0 with windows xp.

·
Registered
150 Posts
First of all, welcome to TSF.

Can you tell us whether your computer is a branded (which company) or is it custom built. In that case we need to know the make and model or the model of the motherboard if it is custom built. There is a setting in the bios under HDD settings, there you have to change it to RAID mode. THis is just a generic description of what is common nowadays.

If you can provide us with more info, we may be able to help you more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, sorry it took me so long to reply.

It IS techinchically branded (ABS), though I forgot the model. The motherboard is an ASUS of some sort with an nForce 680i chipset.

EDIT:
it's got a raid setting, I re-enabled it, but it has a few other options, too, like hd0 primary hd0 secondary, hd1 primary, etc. This combination of enabled values is what I lost when I set to default values.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.