Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've been running a RAID 10 array for over a year with no problems.

Win XP Pro SP3/Core 2 Duo 6600/ASUS P5W DH Deluxe/Diamond HD 3870/4 GB RAM/Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller/4 x 250 GB WD HDD in RAID 10 array

4 days ago, I replaced my Sapphire 1950 pro video card with a Diamond HD 3870 card. 2 days later, my RAID failed, giving me an error message "A RAID volume is degraded because of failed hard drives". No data was lost. I assumed that I had let some dust into the machine while changing the video cards, so I replaced the offending drive. The drive was rebuilt and worked well for 1 day, then gave me the same error message again, involving the same Port number (the exact same drive location).

Could it be something to do with the new video card (e.g. extra heat)? I have 4 chassis fans, and the system CPU temp is never over 45 degrees? The involved drives weren't the closest ones to the new video card, either.

I heard that the Intel Matrix Storage console has had problems with Vista, and I recently upgraded to XP Pro SP3- could this have been an issue? I upgraded the drivers from my MB and the Intel Matrix Storage console to their latest version.

Thanks in advance,

Eli.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.