Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently been having some stability issues when playing some games and watching videos on my pc. I am fairly certain the issue is related to my sound card; while playing games such as Bioshock or Team Fortess 2, or when watching divx movies, my sound will suddenly drop out and a few seconds later my pc will freeze, requiring me to clear the bios to get things up and running again.

In any case, after switching to a new sound card and still having the same problem, I'm wondering if it might possibly have something to do with my RAID setup.

I'm running a RAID 0 config with two Seagate ST3500630AS 500gb hardrives. The two drives have different firmware versions: one has the earlier 3.AAE version while the other has the later 3.AAK version. Is it possible that running the drives in RAID with different firmware revisions is causing my problems?

·
Registered
1 Posts
craziest thing... i have the exact same setup with two seagate ST3500630AS's and both are running different firmwares.

Im not at my pc right now so im not sure which firmware is running on each.. however my problem is as follows.

When intel shows me my RAID config at boot, it shows an error with on of my member drives. But says the array is still bootable, and it still boots.

Performance doesnt seem to be compromised, and I dont have any stability issues.. But I am wonder if different firmware versions can cause errors and maybe down the road if it may cause me to lose my stripe.

I am not intending to highjack this thread in any way.. I just have a similar situation and thought maybe we could tackle this problem together.

Let me know your thoughts, have you made any progress?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.