Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm having problems with my graphics card, a Power Color Radeon 9700 pro. In all games (except JK2 so far) i get artifacts. The problem is not permanent, the artifacts appear at a random time, and usually dissapear later.
The problem appears as follows:

In age of mythology pink lines run across the terrain. They don't affect units, the units move over the top of the lines. In the loading screens the red lines run down the screen in bands of around 10 lines.

In JK3 a checker-board pattern appears, covering the entire screen. Plus there is some jumbling of pixles.

In the ATI demo Pipe Dream and Raven Shield, triangular ploygons appear very densly throughout. They stretch between vertexes within the demo/game, and act like any other 3d object. They have thinkness and almost have texture. :confused:

In the menu screens of Day of defeat (and all HL mods), short pink lines appear jumbled together in white areas. This is the same in the game. Think bands of around 10 pink lines appear running down the screen, but can only be seen in light areas, like the sky.

In all games, pixles in some areas appear jumbled, changing as the view is moved. They generaly appear in clusters and react to 3dobjects. Eg, if i move close to a wall in BF:1942, the jumbled squares move through the wall and can no-longer be seen.

I have no-idea whats causing this to happen, so if anyone can help i'd much appreciate it!!!!:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
This looks almost EXACTLY like what my problem was... on my RADEON 9500... I was using the 9500->9500pro driver tweak, and appearantly one of the extra 4 pipelines went kaput... thus the artifacts...

that may be the case, if so, your gpu is damaged and you'll need a new card to get rid of the artifacts...

on the other hand, it may not be the GPU... I never got the pink lines... so you could have a completely different problem.

-Hyde

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok... well I started getting the artifacts AGAIN with the 7.93 drivers... so I switched to 7.91 and boom... no more artifacts... even with the extended pipelines... try changing drivers around, it might help

-Hyde

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks Hyde

I'm trying to take back the card and exchange it,

fingers crossed the new one will work...:winking:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.