Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought my son an ATI Radeon 7000(64meg) video card for Christmas to replace the poorly running Nvidia Rage (32meg) card that he had in his system.
I've followed the instructions to the letter. I've uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, uninstalled and removed said Nvidia card.
I install the new ATI and this is where the fun begins. After the system is turned on, it shows the initial splash screen with the company logo(E Machines), which is then followed by the most ungodly high pitched beeping noise that sounds as if the whole system is about to enter meltdown.
I've gone into the bios, but don't think anything needs to be changed. All I'm doing is replacing the Nvidia(that I added a couple of years ago) with the ATI, so I shouldn't have to change the bios to reflect that. It was done when the Nvidia was added.
What the he** is going on here?
Anybody have any tips or better yet, an explanation to what I'm doing wrong here. This shouldn't be this difficult, should it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello HempyDude

Have you seen this
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,,<
Systems with onboard VGA controllers may hang during boot when a RADEON 7000 graphics adapter is installed

Customer Service

BUILT BY ATI
Systems with onboard VGA controllers may hang during boot when a RADEON 7000 graphics adapter is installed
This issue affects RADEON 7000 graphics adapters in systems
which provide an onboard VGA controller.
In some instances, if the onboard VGA controller is enabled,
the system may not display any video or may halt during the
boot process after installing a RADEON 7000 graphics adapter
as a secondary display controller.
A number of systems are currently known to exhibit this issue, including:

HP Pavilion XE783
HP Pavilion 7940
eMachines TI 140
eMachines TI 150

Not all systems with onboard VGA controllers will be affected.
In some instances updating the BIOS for the system may allow
the to boot normally with the RADEON 7000 installed. Please
check with your motherboard/system manufacturer regarding BIOS updates. If no BIOS update is available, or if the issue continues, the onboard VGA controller will need to be disabled. Please refer to the User's Guide for your system, or check with your system manufacturer, for details on disabling the onboard VGA controller.There are other factors involved, and most are specific to the manner in which the onboard graphics controller is implemented and how it gets detected and initialized by Windows Plug N Play. For details please see "Difficulties installing a
graphics card in a system with an onboard graphics
controller". ATI Customer Service is gathering affected system details. Please be sure to include details regarding: make and model of your motherboard the make and model of your ATI graphics card, including the 102 Part Number (if shown)
Windows version you are using your display driver version
INFO-BASE file # 4045
Keywords: RADEON 7000 for PC ONBOARD VGA NO DISPLAY HALT BOOT
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If yous is not one of those listed proven(not compatable) You might try my
Technique. Of course i dont even no if you using windows er what .this cut and past is what i posted on another forum ,my card is the 7500 but install methods should still hold true
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ive been reading in this forum of all the trouble people are haveing with readon's&the intel 82810.Igot mine to work its ati readon PCI-7500 64mb ddr,my pc is hp6746c with the 82810.the intel 82810graphics controller was updated first through win update then I updated it at the intel site.HPs instructions for upgrading from the 82810 should hold true if(only)you havent upgraded the 82810-I dont realy know.If you upped from win update you will end up with severall inactive drivers,meaning your sopposed to set the driver to standard pci vga first then disable in device manager not reboot if prompted then uninstall and then install the new driver for the 82810 ...then reboot
So here is what I did make a sys restore point! (just for good measure)Set display to minimum resolution set hardware acceleration to minimum..boot to safe mode in devise manager first disable in this hardware profile then remove each adapter device that appears(mine had Four)I was not promped to reboot decline if asked till you have removed all adapter devices..reboot windows will find the 82810 -Now you only have one listed --Your in startup(normal) place the new cards cd in the dive,(dont as yet install software),shut down.Wait 30 second er so unplug commputer and install card--go into bios if you miss the bios and catch the windows selective startup dont procced turn computer back off anyhow in bios disable the onboard video(If you bios dosnt have this update it-If not available I dont think it'l work..))
windows will detect a new device let IT search for the driver.Now you can set the resolution back to a more normal one-Mine is 1024x768 16bit.
Then in device manager I ounce again had to disable the 82810(In this hardware profile)i didnt remove or attempt to uninstall anyway that shouldnt matter becouse the ati is now the active device--I havent darred to go back into bios and enable onboard ,,Not even sure what would happen.
Im also going to leave the case off the pc to help diapate heat.Ive tried severall very intensive games and am very pleased with the new card..(PS the card and the games where a Xmas Gift)
Im no expert but If you need help I will try.The regular members on this forum are very Knowledgeable But a little hard to understand at times...Please be aware thatstill some hps and certainmotherboards are not compatible with ati's products.ati admitts to only a few .HP Pavilion XE783
HP Pavilion 7940
eMachines TI 140
eMachines TI 150
Theirs certainly more.
Post back if it works
Good luck and Good holidays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.