Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I've been running my 9800pro on my own built machine for the last 4 months. My machine is a media center PC and is conected to my TFT monitor and the Svideo is conected to my 32" widescreen tv. The problem is that when my PC boots up, the monitor goes into standby and the picture goes onto the TV. When the XP logon screen comes up it switches back to my monitor. On my settings the TV is disabled until I switch my profiles.

Its such a stupid little problem, but it really needs to be sorted out as its a pain to have to turn on my TV if I wish to get into my BIOS or select another drive to boot off.

does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Monbart

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I've only seen it display on any and all connected devices while booting and settling on one or two once it's fully booted into the OS. Try booting with the TV disconnected and see what it shows on your monitor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, i should have told you on my last post. If I disconnect the tv it displays on the monitor as it should. But as I use my machine for media center quite a lot and the back of the machine is difficult to get to, its quite a pain to unplug and plug in the SVHS cable.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Even disconnecting from the TV should do the trick, but I can understand the difficulty of getting behind ANYTHING that's electronic. What manufacturer made your card?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not 100% sure. The card itself is from my friends Dell. I think its actually a ATI card. The original cooling fan had an ATI logo on it and theres no other company name on the card. Also, I tried to clone the monitor with the TV and still no luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.