Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new graphics card this morning, a Saphire Radeon 9700 pro all in wonder. I go to install it, connecting everything correctly including the extra power cable. However when I go to turn it on the fans and my neon light come on for about 2 seconds then everything turns off. I've reinstalled my old graphics card so I could post this. I'm going to assume that it is a power problem and I don't have the extra juice needed. I have an enermax 350W PSU (I think) and I'm running my motherboard, cdrw, dvd and a 2 hardrives of it, as well as a few case fans. I have also tried connecting the power cables in a few different coniguration yet it was still no go. I think I may have a solution, but I'm not to sure how safe it would be (which is why I'm posting here.) I have an old PSU from my old machine (which I don't need, It has been totally stripped down, all it is is a mother board, case and PSU.) I figure I could connect it to my new graphics card to supply the extra power needed. The thing is there isn't enough room in the case so it would have to be kept out side. Does anyone think there would be a problem with that or should I go ahead and try.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome Fury................:D

I have an enermax 350W PSU (I think)
I would verify that this is indeed what you have in there first.

Even still the power supply may be on the way out and need replacement.

S

·
0 Posts
Well the first thing I would do is take back the video card and exchange it for another one. Unless of course you bought it online then a return may take some time.

If you are going to use another power supply to furnish power to the card I think you will need an older AT power supply that will run without being connected to the motherboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.