Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This is my first messege posted here so I am hoping you can bear with me and maybe even try to help me out a little. Well here goes.

I bought a Radeon 9700 Pro about 6 weeks ago. It worked great for about 3 weeks and then i started noticing that there was "snow" or white flecks from where it looks like the card isnt rendering properly. It isnt that noticable on older games but when i try to play Battlefield 1942 or Star Wars Galaxies or even Flight 2004 it looks like the card is having trouble rendering the pixels. I know that there are a lot of things that could be wrong so let me tell you what I have done so far to try to remedy the situation.
1) the first thing I did was download the newest drivers from ATI's web site.
2) then i looked to see if there were patches made for the games in question for people with ATI cards.
3)I upgraded my power supply from 250 watts to 500 watts (I needed the upgrade anyway)
4) I have tried several different monitors to make sure that the problem wasnt there.

I am running a P4 2.4 gigahertz with 512 megs of ram.

If anyone can think of anything that might be causing this, please let me know.

I appreciate everyones help

Ben

G

·
Welcome to TSF..........embark247.........:D

Take the cover off of the machine and check to make sure the fan on the chipset is working. If it is I would look at returning it to where you got it and get another one.

What is the monitor resolution set at?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply!!!!
I opened the case and the fan is working on the card. I am going to be SOL if the card is defective because its third party manufactured . Powercolor made the card and I don't think they are in business anymore since thier website is no longer working. I tried to save a few bucks and ordered the card off of PriceWatch. It wasnt OEM or anything it came retail with a software bundle but now I am wondering how i return a card to a company that is no longer in business.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohh yeah the monitor is usually set at 1024 x 782 32bit color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.