Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer keeps freezing when I play any game for a few minutes. I'm not sure If its the video card, but it probably is.
I have a radeon 9700 pro
AMD Athalon 1.7 GHz
512MB DDR RAM
40 Gig HD
Windows XP

I've also tried the 3 latest drivers for the 9700, but they all freeze up. The latest even makes it freeze when I'm not playing games.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
how hot is your CPU running during these games?

Did this just start happening or has it always happened?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
To tell you honestly, I have no idea how to check CPU temp, but now that you mentioned deleting a partition, it really doesn't make a difference. The beginning of a problem usually coincides with major system changes and I think the deleting of a partition would qualify as a major systen change.

Is DirectX intact? I myself have had problems with DX quitting out of some games. Try running dxdiag.exe from Start->run, and see if it returns any problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DXdiag says everything is fine. I'm running DX 9.0a. Is that in alpha, and is there a 9.1 or something? Could that be a problem?

S

·
0 Posts
Same problem here. I have no clue as to whats happening... on all my games and 3D Mark 2001 SE. If anyone has any clue as to whats going on i'd like to know. What normally happens is that the screen freezes for a couple seconds and then then it goes black and then immediately switches to blue, and will stay there for as long as i leave it

S

·
0 Posts
ok i fixed the problem!!!!!

instead of confusing you all with this long narrative and make no sense, which i'm really good at, i'm just going to tell you to look in the manual.... around page 9.

S

·
0 Posts
or maybe i didnt... the error log says its the RADEON 9700 PRO Drivers causing the problem, but i've tried old drivers as well and I still cant get it to to work. I dont know if this is the board itself or if i'm doing something wrong.

Edit:
==============================================
I have determined the problem, which is the Secondary view, although i dont know how to go about fixing it. I have gotten many different drivers yet none seem to work, if you can find drivers that work or something to fix this please let me know. I will search the manual and let you guys know if i come up with anything.
==============================================

·
Registered
16 Posts
the answer to the question above will have to be Celcius.

which is about 110Farenheit or something like that. I replaced the GFX card, which turned out that the GPU overheated as the heatsink's fan did not work. I recommend replacing the card

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.