Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an ATI Radeon 9200 series with 128MB of on-board RAM that absolutely refuses to work for him. He cannot enable Direct3D because when he does his computer restarts. When he tries to run any 3D game his computer restarts. If he does anything in relation to the graphics card short of running the computer, his computer restarts.

He has 512MB of DDR memory, a Pentium IV processor, Windows XP Home Edition SP2, and DirectX 9.0c.

I wish this problem could be cleared up as him and I are avid online gamers and our favourite games are un-playable because he can't run them. We can't run Halo or Wolfenstein ET or any of our favourite games.

Could this be a simple temp problem, or a driver screwup? For his Radeon he has Catalyst 5.10 drivers.

Please help!

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I'm assuming this is an AGP card. Go into the BIOS and turn the AGP speed to 4x and make sure FASTWRITES are OFF.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently he had the WRONG drivers installed for his card. He still cannot play Wolfenstein ET, but everything else is workin' for him. Thanks for the idea, though... it might help ET to run properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.