Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking forward to getting my new card it finally arrived last night, up early to install it this morning and now I have the issue of it not fitting in smoothly...

It is a PCI-E 16 card and i used to have a x300 radeon which is alot smaller. i should be able to fit my new card in surely? Its just small bits which arent working with other bits in my computer that dont let it fit in smoothly.

Im very disappointed and I hope to get it installed as i just spent 170 pounds on it and I cant send it back. Ty for the help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi. What about it specifically doesn't fit? Be very specific, and don't get too frustrated if it's a tight fit just relax and walk away and take a breath. If you can post some pics of the innards of you case and show where it's too tight of a fit. Or is is that it doesn't seem to fully seat in the PCI express slot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its my dire dell case, the slots at the end of the case arnt lining up, cause i have a fan too on the card it cauues extra problems, it fits in the PCI slot fine but wont line up with the case part.

Im thinking of cutting the case, and if that doesnt work getting a new case.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you can cut the case with a tin snipper or dremel safely that would be ok. Probably better just to get a roomier case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pc does not work now with the old card put back in... I get life with the fan and drivers however no signal is sent to the monitor, i get nothing. I get a beep and A-B lights in the dignostic front panel, however the manual does not explain much about that.

As for getting a new case, it is a dell, wudnt that mean I need a new PSU and MotherboarD?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know much about Dells other than all of their proprietary hardware, but I can only assume that they're put together like any other computer. You should be able to remove the motherboard and PSU like all the rest of your components and put them in a new case. However, I would check first by looking at the case and inside it to check for the screws. The PSU will be screwed in on the back side of the case (where the power cord goes in), and the motherboard should be screwed into one side of the case, or onto some sort of frame inside the case. However, taking your PC apart might void any warranties you have with Dell, so I'd err on the side of caution.

Personally, I got the same card recently, only AGP, and noticed a great difficulty in fitting it into my own case. However, that was simply a matter of rearranging some of the wires and other components. I ended up taking it back for a completely different reason, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.