Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a M$ Wireless Laser Mouse 8000.
I needed a full size mouse, but insisted on bluetooth so I didn't need the dongle with my laptop, so I configured it as such and I've been using it successfully for more than a year, until last week.
I set up ubuntu as a dual boot alongside xp Pro, and accidentally had the mouse turned on when ubuntu booted for the first time. Now, since ubuntu tried to autodetect the mouse, I cannot get the mouse to work in XP.
I've tried the 'add a bluetooth device' wizard, and yes the mouse was discoverable, and discovered, but at the end of the wizard when the wizard thinks it's done, a message box appears:
Connection with 'microsoft wireless laser mouse 8000' has been established successfully.
to confirm that the mouse is being connected, please use it to click the button below. (button, w/ countdown from 60 seconds)

The mouse does not respond. If I don't use the trackpad to click the button, the wizard simply fails, and if I do, it thinks it worked.
I don't know enough about bluetooth to have any idea what to do beyond the wizard, and really do not want to use the dongle, it defeats the whole purpose of an internal bluetooth card.
Suggestions? I'm totally lost, completely out of ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.