Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a quick and simple question...

I have a laptop and I want to erase the hard drive completely (I know how) and reinstall my windows on it. I have backed up all the laptops essential drivers with DriverMax. Now here's my question..

Say I go about erasing the whole HD and reinstalling windows.. Will the keyboard/mouse work so I can go about reinstalling the rest of the drivers?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
quick answer - it all depends upon the installation disk you use. Generally you should have no problems with keyboard and mouse. If you use the computer manufacturers disk, then all the driver should be available though you may have to update through the manufacturers website. as far as other devices, you can go to their manufacturers website to download thedrivers, use the disk that came with it or if you saved the drivers folder, just browser to that folder during driver installation to install the driver.

·
Super Moderator Hardware Team
13,160 Posts
hi, yes the keyboard and mouse should work when you reinstall the operating system should not have a problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I'm not using a disc that came with the laptop.. but a retail version of windows 7.. because I don't have the discs.

Will they still work oscer1?

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
yeah, I'm not using a disc that came with the laptop.. but a retail version of windows 7.. because I don't have the discs.

Will they still work oscer1?
if it is a legal copy then you will get generic drivers installed - since it is a laptop, most things will work, some may not. What you will need to go online and download the drivers you need from the manufacturers website by searching for your specific computer model or browse to the saved driver folder and install what you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already backed up all the drivers and I'm ready to install them once windows is reinstalled. I was just worried that I might install windows and not be able to use the keyboard and mouse, thus being unable to do anything lolol

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
as I said it will install generic drivers so your keyboard and mouse should work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.