Tech Support Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
With the funny lines(see 2 pictures in the original posts). My thinking was that Bios was independent but needed to be 100% sure.

Thanks, I'm going to have to try this. I just found a new USB still in the package yesterday.
I've been pretty busy but did download rufus and tried to install it on a usb(without success) will try it again later.

·
Global Moderator
42,295 Posts
Rufus is a USB Flash burning program, you don't install it on a USB, you install it on a computer. You use this program to burn the Windows ISO image to the flash drive. This will only work if you have a Windows ISO Image to burn.
On your computer, if you can access the Bios with no video distortion, then restart the computer pressing F8 continuously. With Windows 7, you should get the Advance Start Menu. Choose Safe Mode with Networking. Is the video still distorted? If not, you can uninstall the current video driver, and boot normally. Windows will load the default Microsoft video driver. You then can go to your computer/motherboard manufacturer and download the proper video driver for your onboard video.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Rufus is a USB Flash burning program, you don't install it on a USB, you install it on a computer. You use this program to burn the Windows ISO image to the flash drive. This will only work if you have a Windows ISO Image to burn.
On your computer, if you can access the Bios with no video distortion, then restart the computer pressing F8 continuously. With Windows 7, you should get the Advance Start Menu. Choose Safe Mode with Networking. Is the video still distorted? If not, you can uninstall the current video driver, and boot normally. Windows will load the default Microsoft video driver. You then can go to your computer/motherboard manufacturer and download the proper video driver for your onboard video.
Ok, thanks for the tips, I was doing it wrong. Yes it was distorting while in safe mode(days/weeks ago).

(Today) I did gamble and bought a video card. It did take care of the line crashes(so far) however, I cannot get to windows. It freezes at different points each time. I tried safe mode but can't get it past the log in screen(no keyboard or mouse activity). Other times freezes while loading the files. Seems the drive is messed up now.

I also bought a new hard drive, is it possible to load win 7 on it using the recovery disks?

Thanks,

21 - 24 of 24 Posts