Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link to my original post is here if you want to take a peak [Forum]

So recently I just bought a Skytech Shadow 3.0 off of Amazon for around $1,300 dollars [Product]. For the first week, everything ran as smooth as butter, I was playing Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Total War Warhammer 3, etc perfectly fine anywhere between 50 to 60 and more FPS. I turn my PC off for the night and then turn it back on, only to find those 3 pretty graphically intense games run at around anywhere from 20 to 40 FPS now depending on what I'm doing and where I'm looking.

I ran 3D Mark to see what's wrong, and I can definitely tell that my PC is underperforming, I'm thinking maybe thermal throttling, seeing as my CPU shouldn't be running at 85 degrees C on average, but how could that be? Jumping from being fine one day and then performing like a budget PC the next?

Here's the link to the screenshots for 3D Mark: 3D Mark

I've tried a multitude of things from running a virus scan, to turning of V-sync on everything, reinstalling old and new drivers, quite honestly anything you can think of barring a complete Windows reset and trying spare parts. I have an AMD Ryzen 2600 sitting in my old PC, I can probably clean that out and try it, but I really do not want to void the warranty whatsoever.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, I need desperate help. I should really put emphasis on the fact that my PC was working fine one day, and then literally the next, it started slowing down. Is there anything that I can do, or do I truly have to RMA this thing, its under warranty for a year (parts and labor).

I should also note that I can play less graphically intense games like Age of Empires 2, Mordhau, and Phasmophobia no problem at all, each of which is running 60 or more.

Specs for my Current Build
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 /// Driver Version: 516.94
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
RAM: 16 GB

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
32,169 Posts
The less you do, the more chance you won't void the warranty. You paid for the unit to work for a reasonable amount of time. Start with Skytech life time support. A return might not be necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts