Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a new vid card to my MOBO and still run my current one. But my powersupply is only 250w(its a prebuilt comp) should I get a new power supply? How many watts should me new one have? Basically I am running an intel MOBO i believe, with an onboard vid card, and a pen 4 at 2.6ghz and 512mb ram and i have 2 hd's hooked up and a cd rom and dvdr-rom.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi monkey,

i agree with dai. what brand is your computer? if its a dell computer then you cant just get a new power supply and install on your system, it can damager your computer permanently.

dell makes propiertory power supplies and if you have a dell computer for example, you will need to go through dell if you want a new power supply. i heard that the power supply socket on the motherboard of dell computers are built to work with only dell power supplies.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I want to use my onboard video card also though. I am scared the 9250(card i want since I only have pci slots) will not be supported. I wanted to expand my desktop and get a new vid card at the same time. I feel that 250w wont be enuff. But if it is, plz tell me, I am sort of on a budget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.