Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an Audigy 4 and it sounds a lot better then my old card. The only problem I'm having is that in the software under "speaker settings" there's a tab for bass boost but when I click on it the box it grey and locked out. The slider is set to 0% by default and I can't adjust the slider or click the box to enable it. The bass sounds cleaner and better then my old card but it's not louder or deeper. I want to access this bass boost...any ideas why it wont let me? All of the wires are hooked to to the card correctly and I am getting sound out of the sub for sure. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
did you install the software as well as the drivers
run crative diognostics from it's listing in the start menu programs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did install the software and drivers, they were both on the same disk. The rest of the software works, the EQ, environments...everything else in software works except the bass boost. I bought the Audigy 4 and not the Audigy 4 Pro, you think that might have something to do with it? I'm kinda mad because I was hoping the bass would be louder and deeper with the better card. It sounds much better overall but I lost some bass for sound quality but I think it might have something to do with that bass boost stuck at 0%.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and yes the diagnostics came out fine

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
mines blanked out on the audigy2,but i only have a cheap set of speakers on it i had assumed if i put a full set on it would be enabled
contact creative

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the speakers in the sig...they're mid grade Logitech 5.1's. I'm thinking it has something to do with the Audigy vs. Audigy Pro. I'm a little ticked because I did lose some bass with this card over my crappy $30 Turtle Beach card, but overall sound quality is much better so I am going to keep it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.