Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my data partition I use a particular set of rules in naming folders, i.e. 0 is the prefix for any folder that gets direct downloads, 1 is the prefix for any folder that gets software, etc

I would like to put a "sticky" (for lack of a better word for this) on the left hand side of the folder so that I can quickly access these rules any time I open up the F:data drive without having to open up a file to remind me of them. Is there some way to do this?

·
Registered
354 Posts
as far as text goes, I don't think so, but here's what I do. (In XP) right click on the folder and then go to Customize and click change icon and it should by default load the list from system32\shell32.dll which are like 100 really nice 32x32 icons. Your downloaded files folder could by the 2nd row, 4th in one where it's a globe with a ring around it, sort of implying the internet. Then every time you see that folder, it would have that custom icon and you'd be able to tell what's inside it a lot better than remembering numbers. Technically you can draw your own 32x32 icon and save it somewhere then click browse and browse to your custom saved one. Then you can put unique graphics or colors or text or whatever you want on it to tag that folder. Btw the best free icon creator/editor is Clic

Download Free Icon Clic, Icon Clic 2.00.246 Download

On my desktop, my computer repair business folder has a custom icon of one of the temples from the original age of empires :p totally easy to find now lol.

·
TSF Enthusiast
908 Posts
On my desktop, my computer repair business folder has a custom icon of one of the temples from the original age of empires :p totally easy to find now lol.
*I'M OFF TOPIC* But this is epic. AOE icons. Ha. Fair play to you! :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.