Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Security Team , Visiting Trainee (247)
1,070 Posts
Hello, there are a few other ways some which I use.
If these files or folders are being backed up, i.e. not used much then you can put a password on them this way:

Go to the location of files or folder, right click an empty area, then click new, compressed zipped folder.
Rename the zipped folder so it is easier to find, open the folder and drag your items, scroll down and find add password, once you have set the passpord it should be encrypted.

The procedure above can also be carried out by using a freeware program called winrar, winrar provides better compression and security.

You can use a program called folder lock, which can be downloaded from
Here

If you don't want anyone to find your files or folder, you can hide them, make them read only and also give them system file status.
Open cmd, then use the cd code to find the directory of files and folders
and type

attrib *.* +h +r +s
This will perform the function on the directory you are in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi CCT and faradd, thank you for your replies. I tries the putting a password on the folders using winrar and it worked!, oh men, i didn't realize you could put a password on compressed files. lol, forgive me, i'm just getting started in this tech thing, but it's a whole lot of fun. Also, I downloaded Wincry, and it's a great software for putting passwords on folders. Thanks a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.