Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large number of .pub files that are archived from Publisher 98. When I double-click on a file an error comes up that says it is not a valid Win32 application. I notice that the icon is also not thr normal.pub icon.If you open the Pub98 application ...go to file...and open...and browse to any of the files in question...they all open fine. At this point you can edit, change, etc the files but when you save them they create another .pub file that cannot be opened. This irritation may be fixed by a Publisher 98 reload,but my disk is currently on a barge in the middle of the Pacific (I am moving from overseas military). I would appreciate any ideas. The normal.pub file association points toward Pub 98.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi RYTec

QuickFix Try:
If the problem only surfaced recently, try using the "System Restore" tool that is built into Windows XP. This should restore the file-association that seems to be off a bit. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Select a restore point from before the trouble started.

If the System Restore works OK, you shouldn't have to worry about reinstalling Publisher.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.