Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site. So hope I do this right! We recently got Publisher 2002 at work. Prior to that we had Pub 98 or 2000 I'm not exactly sure which. Anyway, our prob is this: we have many levels of files/folders. We have thousands of folders. With the old Pub we could go through several levels to get to a folder, open it, use a file and when we clicked on File, Open, it would just take us up one level.......now it takes us all the way back out to the default entry folder.....so we have to go all the way back through all the folders to get back to where we want to be. ( hope I'm making this clear)
For instance, we go into Pub through out network drive H. H Has 5 Folders in each Folder are say 60 Folders; each of those has 80 Folders; each of those has whatever....and so on. So we go through all these to find our destination file and work on it, but we want to work on something else within the same Folder; but we can't as easily as we used to with the old system. Is there a Setup Option we're missing???
Or ANYWAY AT ALL we can correct this???? We waste a LOT of time during the day screwing around with this when it used to be so EASY!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm not a publisher user but I have set up file systems before- maybe there is a way to set the default to last folder viewed or something BUT...... If you only work on three or four folders a day and you have to find them the first time- while you are in there the first time drag a shortcut to your desk top. When you are done with the project, drag the shortcut to the recycle bin.

If you work on 100 folders a day, you work too hard!!!!!!!! Just kidding.

Welcome to the Tech Support Forums!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.