Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work on the computers in a Public Llibrary. When I came the "Public Profile Configuration Tool" was the second level of security after the physical locking hard drives on most of the public computers we had. Most of our PC's are using WinXP and when I went to Microsoft with a question about the PPC a while back, I discovered that there was a new tool called the "Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit" which replaced the "Public Profile Configuration Tool". I have come to love this toolkit. My problem then is with the PC's still using Win 2000. Microsoft no longer supports the Public Profile Confiuration tool but the new toolkit is only available for Win XP. Does anyone know of another such tool for Win 2000. I can't get the old tool to copy over and work right each time, and the new tool is so easy to use, I want to use something similar on all of them, even the Win 200 ones.:4-dontkno

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
How many systems are we talking about? If the number is low, I would instead approach MS and see what special pricing they have for libraries and schools, then upgrade to XP.

However, if this is not feasible ... PPC may still be the answer (just no help from MS)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.