Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I got this ATX 850W Chieftec CFT-850-14C PSU for 3 years so, and for some time now it gives this weird sound. It comes at random, be it when I'm doing literally nothing or when I'm playing (rarely while playing tho, don't know if that matters). Sometimes all it needs to shut up is a gentle touch to the case. Actually it seems like the case is one vibrating and the cause is the PSU?

For some time I'm getting black screen crashes aswell while playing (WoW and Skyrim, I never had that problem while playing BF3 or Witcher 2) - screen goes black, keyboard still alive (can hit caps) sound goes on for like 30 secs - 1 min and then it all goes silent. If I try to reset my pc, I get 1 long 3 short beeps (No VGA detected according to my P6T Deluxe v2 manual) and it won't move on - I'm forced to turn my PC off completely, then it boots up without any problem.

Could PSU be the cause? Here's a video with above mentioned sound, as you can see when I touch it it goes silent, even touching case will shut it up, so I'm thinking that PSU is making my whole case vibrate? Might something inside PSU be damaged?

M4H01417.MP4 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i had the same thing and found in my haste i had not tightened down a hard drive securing screw

check you don't have one that has come loose

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts