Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I just built a new rig and I have a question about how my psu connects to my mother board.

specs:
i5 2500k
asus p8p67 le
asus gtx 460
8gb ripjaw 1600
500gb seagate barracuda
sparkle power inc psu spi600gln 600W
windows 7 home premium 64bit

So the problem I encounted was that my mobo has an 8-pin eatx power port but my psu's connectors are 4 pins. Should I have both 4 pin connectors plugged in to fill all 8 holes or just put 1 4 pin connector into the right or left side of the 8-pin port.

I currently have just one 4 pin in the right side of the port and it's working but I'm concerned t might not be getting all the available power?

ty in advance for any help.

-nem

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Glad you got it figured out but I would strongly suggest you replace that PSU with a good quality unit to avoid damage to your expensive new hardware.

XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W $89: Newegg.com - XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX $90: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
The advice by Tyree is solid. If you intend you have a good computer then you must have a good power supply and Sparkle are not good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Due to Antec's history of unreliability I can not suggest any of their PSU's but the info I find says that particular Antec is made by SeaSonic so it "might" be OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.