11,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting this upgrade for my PC. >>>>HERE<<<<

I am wondering if it is compatible with the following components:
My motherboard >>>>HERE<<<<
A floppy Drive x1
CD Drives x2
1 HDD x1

Im concerned as it says a P4 connection pin there.

Many thanks...Chris

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi Carsey,

Are you sure you will be pleased with a Generic PSU that only puts out 17amps total on the +12 volt rail? Also, I noticed that it does not list the efficiency anywhere, but from what I read, it is most likely very low efficiency. Compatible, well most likely, but a good PSU to purchase, well, most likely not IMHO.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I couldn't check the PSU you posted 'cause eBay is blocked here at work. It's not an Apevia/Aspire, is it?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
all the wrong reasons to pick a PSU :Wow1:

but it will be fun to watch "stuff" burn inside the clear case :4-thatsba

goodluck Carsey

·
Registered
505 Posts
It'll be hard to find a really good PSU with the clear paneling. Aspire/Apevia make one, and my cousin had one for a short while, ran great, but was greatly underpowering his system, and only had the minimum efficiency of 70%. He recently switched to an 850watt OCZ GameXstream; big improvement.

Edit: It's only a suggestion, but, don't worry about the looks of it, cause if it looks nice, but doesn't perform...say buh-bye to your computer. Here is my suggestion for a power supply (sorry it isn't in British currency):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103942

It may not look the best, but it'll do the job for your computer very well.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
That's an Apevia... Avoid at all costs! Forcifer uses an OCZ in his PC and he's more than pleased with it. I plan to get one for my new build once my tax refund arrives.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
YES any of the Fortron Episilon series are A+

OCZ gamerxstream 700 watt has been a good deal on tiger direct for awhile now

Antec 650 Trio TP-3 650 watt is another "deal"

The OCZ has as much bling-bling as any PSU avaialalbe that I have seen! and they wont need a fire extinguisher either

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Carsey, the OCZ brand are not only a decent brand, some have the glowing blue (UV looking) light in them which might look nice in your case (no, not the glow of burning parts that linderman spoke of) if it is clear.

Go look and see what I am talking about and you might like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.