Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Hope you can help, my Psu blew so i ordered another one after fitting it i turned on the pc and the lights and the fan started thing is i had no POST nothing no beeps and noticed both leds on the front were solid no flashing on the hdd led just solid.

So i decided to hold in the power button for 4 sec to switch it off but nothing and reset didnt work either, so had to switch off from the plug.

Could this be the board shorting, bad Psu or mobo nacked?
cheers :sigh:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's possible more than just your PSU was damaged in the blowout, but first lets try a couple of things.
A list of your hardware (as complete as you can manage) would help for starters, it's possible the PSU isn't man enough.

Next are you sure you've connected ALL the cables correctly ? especially any 12v leads as the board will not boot without them if it needs them.

Also try a CMOS reset, pull the plug from the wall and use the jumper if you have it or remove the CMOS battery taking care in doing so for a few minutes and see if that helps, otherwise report back with any updates and we can go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's possible more than just your PSU was damaged in the blowout, but first lets try a couple of things.
A list of your hardware (as complete as you can manage) would help for starters, it's possible the PSU isn't man enough.

Next are you sure you've connected ALL the cables correctly ? especially any 12v leads as the board will not boot without them if it needs them.

Also try a CMOS reset, pull the plug from the wall and use the jumper if you have it or remove the CMOS battery taking care in doing so for a few minutes and see if that helps, otherwise report back with any updates and we can go from there.
Hi thanks for your reply, i will try reseating everything 1st and reset cmos and let you know.
cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.