Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I am trying to connect the PS3 Wireless Buzz! Buzzers Buzz - Wikipedia! to my PC, but the USB Port is not detecting the device. With not detecting I don't mean that it is not recognized and has this yellow triangle, but not detected at all. So, not even showing up. Neither in the Bluetooth and other devices window, nor in the device manager.

I searched the internet but I couldn't find anything regarding this. Only when it is detected, but not recognized (yellow triangle).

The adapter has power (light is on) and was tested successfully by the prior user before I purchased it. USB Ports work perfectly fine with other devices.

Things I tried already:
  • Restart PC
  • Installed Windows Updates
  • tried all 3 USB Ports
  • tried on other PC
  • disabled PowerSaving functions for USB ports
  • updated USB drivers
  • deinstalled USB Root-Hub (USB 3.0) and installed again
  • searched for the device manually (not showing up)

Screenshot of device manager not showing the adapter:

PC: Acer Swift 3

Thank you in advance

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,746 Posts
Replaced the German Wikipedia page with the English in Post #1. Anything in Unknown Device? Try unplugging all USB devices and pluggging directly into computer, not a hub.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer. There is no unknown device shown. The adapter is plugged directly into the computer and there is no other device plugged in.

·
29,746 Posts
Since the device worked on another computer and it's supposed to be almost plug & play with Windows supplying the drivers, the only other possibilities are malware on computer or if it's 10Pro, a Group Policy preventing the recognition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it is not working on another computer. That makes it also very unlikely that is because of maleware. I also have Windows 10 Home and not Pro.

·
29,746 Posts
  • Restart PC
  • Installed Windows Updates
  • tried all 3 USB Ports
  • tried on other PC
  • disabled PowerSaving functions for USB ports
  • updated USB drivers
  • deinstalled USB Root-Hub (USB 3.0) and installed again
  • searched for the device manually (not showing up)
I interpreted that to mean it worked. Clearly the device is defective.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,593 Posts
I agree with Corday. The device is defective, don't take the seller's word for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts