Hey mate, this may help or even solve your issue..
Its an old post of mine I have used before but it worked on a similar problem so try it out and hopefully it will work
To enter Recovery Mode or Safe Mode
- First off, turn off your PS3...
- Hold the power button until you hear a beep and it shuts off
- Hold the power button again and keep holding it until you hear 2 beeps. If you hear that, let go and on your TV, you should see that the PS3 is in recovery mode.
Insert your USB cord to the PS3 controller and press the PS Button. You will be seeing six different options:
1. Restart System
2. Restore Default Settings
3. Restore File System
4. Rebuild Database
5. Restore PS3
6. System Update
Select Options 3 and 4. I will explain what they do.
3. Restore File System: This will restore the file system on the hard drive for corrupted files and any operating system bugs will be repaired when doing this option. If your Blu-Ray can't read discs for a disc error, then this MAY fix your problem. But it fixes software problems such as freezing, drive errors, and possibly data being corrupt all the time. (Note: this will not fix corrupted data.)
4. Rebuild Databse: This is just basically to rebuild the database for the OS, such as PSN messages, etc. (You will lose any PSN messages and possibly trophies if they haven't been synced beforehand).
Option 5 will wipe the PS3 and reset it to default - only choose this if the other options don't work (and before you choose this, back up your saves and profiles otherwise they will be lost in the procedure).
So, try the options 3 & 4 and see if that makes a difference.