Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay guys im trying to put a c type laser in a ps2 with a hd7 type? i was told that there is software to make it work ?????? :4-dontkno

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i can't even find anything on google about this.

do you have any clue where there is anything online about it, if i read anything about it i could help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive checked there is nathing in google but it can be done.thats what im trying to find out is were??? there is ps2 shops that can do it but i wont to do it my self. its done throw the network adaptor conecting the console to a computer and changing some code on the mother board to let the thing use a diffarent laser type its been around for 6 months or so ?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not believe this is possible. It's hard coded into the BIOS of the system. It would just be easier (and safer) to just replace the HD7 laser. The 400C laser is a lot more unstable than the HD7.

However, the HD7 and 400R type lasers are interchangeable.

Chances are the guy that was going to swap your laser and reprogram your PS2 was gonna do a motherboard swap on you or a complete console swap.

I've seen repair shops swap consoles out, just because they have extra parts. Plus, they would keep your good motherboard that works with the stable HD7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.