Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really doubt anyone here can help me, but I'm gonna throw this question out there anyways and see what happens...
So, I've got a v9 PS2... I've played around with some modding, so I can open it up and stuff... When I turn it on, the laser tries to read the disc, but it tries to go too far... The little spinny thing doesn't stop, and then it makes a grinding sort of noise when the laser is af far as it can go. Now, its a v9, so I've heard all about the whole laser coil burnout, but I don't really know what happens... But I digress... I have a v7 drive, same type of laser... Could I take any parts from there, and put it into the v9 and make it work? Like maybe the motor or something or anything?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
you apparently did not get my message in your inbox.... (either you have not signed in since i sent it, or you aren't noticing it.)

we are going to need you to edit your profile.

if you are unclear about what i mean, check your inbox.

if we have to edit it ourselves, you will receive a 5 point warning.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think i know what the problem is. my ps2 does that to, it appears to be the laser arm slipping on the guide rail, which causes the noise as it hits the teeth. this is probbaly because the arm is at angle or bent.

the only way i know how to fix it is by opening it up and trying to ajust the arm and try and make it stick by pushing it down to it s orginal shape like my dad did. (do not do this if you have a wannenty on it only do this if you have ran out as this will void it)

you might be alble to buy a new laser arm but you will need a repairmen to see if it is that probelm

hope that helps tho every month you probs need to do it again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.